Instructions: Use the form below to indicate how much you have experienced each symptom during the past week, including today. At the bottom use the Submit button to see your results.
It's only 25 questions, and you should be able to do it in a few minutes. Go ahead!
This test is taken from the best selling book called Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy, by David D. Burns. It's a very practical and popular book for treating depression, anxiety and other mood disorders.
1. Feeling sad or down in the dumps
2. Feeling unhappy or blue
3. Crying spells or tearfulness
4. Feeling discouraged
5. Feeling hopeless
6. Low self-esteem
7. Feeling worthless or inadequate
8. Guilt or shame
9. Criticizing yourself or blaming others
10. Difficulty making decisions
11. Loss of interest in family, friends or colleagues
13. Spending less time with family or friends
14. Loss of motivation
15. Loss of interest in work or other activities
16. Avoiding work or other activities
17. Loss of pleasure or satisfaction in life
18. Feeling tired
19. Difficulty sleeping or sleeping too much
20. Decreased or increased appetite
21. Loss of interest in sex
22. Worrying about your health
23. Do you have any suicidal thoughts?
24. Would you like to end your life?
25. Do you have a plan for harming yourself?
|Total Score||Level of Depression|
|Normal but unhappy||6-10|